Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.—Dietrich Bonhoeffer
This piece is long and controversial. I offer this brief summary here to encapsulate its essential message and to hopefully inspire you to read on.
As individual Americans we are about to be severely tested and must embrace a moral life that values individual dignity and life above attempts to destroy it. There are people in our country who are working with increased speed to end America as we know it. They seek to transform it into a land where the state decides who shall succeed and literally who shall die. These people are politicians, governments, certain corporations, radical socialists, anarchists and mobs who support them. Mobs will engage in violence on the street, in the neighborhoods and at businesses. Governments will continue to create dependence that devalues the individual worth of people and removes hope for a better life. Bankers and governments are destroying our currency and our economy and further fomenting chaos. The global political class and bankers will soon bring us to war with Syria and Iran that will likely become a global war on the scale we have never seen before. Desperate individual Americans who are not prepared will embrace dependence, trade liberty for false security and tolerate immoral violations of the rights of others – perhaps their very lives. All these things are happening now and it is time to plan to endure and to reject the end of America and then to restore America to the country it was always designed to be: the place where individual liberty is protected as the first and most important role of society. We must prepare physically and spiritually. We must be ready to reject the amoral mobs and defeat them through the examples of our moral lives. It will require you to do things you never thought possible in your lifetimes. In the end, by embracing a moral life, you will restore an America that will protect your children and future generations.
“If we look more closely, we see that any violent display of power, whether political or religious, produces an outburst of folly in a large part of mankind; indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others. It is not that certain human capacities, intellectual capacities for instance, become stunted of destroyed, but rather that the upsurge of power makes such an overwhelming impression that men are deprived of their independent judgment, and…give up trying to assess the new state of affairs for themselves.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Letters and Papers from Prison (in Nazi Germany)
Thriving in the Coming Global Storm – Endure. Embrace a Moral Life.
A chilling reality is upon us all and occurring in every community in America today. This is a reality that I have been avoiding discussing on this blog, because there is still much work to do to help people see it. Yet, as I have learned, most things in life that can be foreseen come much faster than expected. Such is the case with the emerging and enlarging moral breakdown of our society. This moral breakdown is not the common complaint about alternative lifestyles or the lack of “social justice”. No, it is a deeper moral breakdown. It is a loss of respect for human life itself. Many people are now descending to a place with no morals where they do not value the individual dignity or the life of their neighbor, other persons more removed from them or even their own dignity or lives. The result will be a breakdown of our society that will bring us to a new dark ages, where brute force rules and man cannot hope to reach his potential without a bloody revolution. The good news is that it is not too late to reclaim our morality and rescue ourselves and our country in the process. But the time has come for each of us to make a choice. Do we side with the forces that respect individual dignity and life or do we join those who would crush life for their own short term gain?
The results of our moral breakdown are all around us. Children born with no family, no father and remotely present mothers. Children being allowed to pass through educational bureaucracies with no actual education. Young men and women who hopelessly join gangs or are pressured into sex or seek it before they are ready. Youth and adults seeking refuge in drugs and alcohol. Governments, insurance companies and doctors themselves allowing individuals to die through rationing to make money for themselves. Politicians and the political/corporate class enriching themselves with power and money at the expense of the producers; all while the looters and the entitlement class benefit with no work required. Bankers, governments and other forces sending our men and women to die in fruitless wars for profit.
Now we are seeing the end game of these follies and an attempt to completely transform our country into a place that protects the government and well connected above all else. This is ironic since America was originally designed to protect the rights of individuals from the abuse by government, each other and foreign powers. There is a well-designed plan being implemented now to destroy America as we know it. It will rely on the lack of moral behavior of most Americans. I know that most Americans are moral and we will prevail in the end. But it will require that we each recognize the dangers among us and reject them. It requires that we act now in ways we never before thought possible. It will be increasingly difficult to do so as the pressures will be continuously mounting against the moral person and in favor of the amoral person. But, as the book of Revelations teaches us, our job as the righteous individual is to ENDURE. We must not be persuaded to join with the growing darkness. We must recognize that we will be tested many times. We will appeal to those on the side of evil to change, but their eyes will not see and their ears will not hear. But fear not, because God is among us and his grace and mercy will save us and redeem us in the end. I allude to Revelations as an allegory for our current times, as I – like no man –can never know the time of His coming and do not predict that now.
The possible end game is here for America and our lives are about to change as several dramatic things are happening now. Here is what is happening and here is how you can do to prepare, to endure and prevail.
- European economic collapse: The Euro is collapsing before our eyes and while some actions may stall the collapse, it will come. This will set up a contagion that will reach the U.S. This cannot be prevented.
- U.S. Economic Collapse: The U.S. economy will be affected by the Euro collapse and sink into a major recession or depression. This cannot be prevented.
- Massive inflation: The U.S. dollar will finally be revealed to be of limited to no value as trillions of secretly and openly printed dollars flood into the hands of the average consumer. This will occur as the banks and other economic puppet masters unload their cash at once to settle their debts and try to protect themselves.
- Emerging Chaos in America and Growing Mobs: Simultaneously, the Occupy Wall Street movement and the people who control them in the background will work to create riots in the street. They will attack businesses and targeted individuals economically at first and ultimately violently. They will create a collapse of local government by draining economic resources from them for police protection and emergency management. They will demand bigger government with more power and loss of liberty for the people they choose (the richest 40%). They will actively work to further damage the American economy.
- Emerging Global War: The global political class is engineering a coming conflict to begin in Syria that will spread to Iran and elsewhere. It is likely to lead to routine and growing terrorist attacks on the American homeland. This may include the use of tactical nuclear arms or electromagnetic pulse that would disable all of America’s electronic capability and sink us into a primitive state.
- Loss of Individual Liberty in America: As terrorist threats grow, the economy collapses and the mobs create further chaos, there will be a declared state of emergency. The President will declare martial law and take on new powers by executive order and as granted by a skiish Congress. A bill pending in Congress would allow the President to detain any person he declares an enemy combatant and send them to an undisclosed location. Already the President has willingly committed assassination of an American citizen without trial (Al-Awaki) and was widely celebrated for doing so. In the end, Americans will have no protection of their liberties from a tyrannical government.
- The possible End of America and the emergence of a new dark ages. People will live at the whim of others – strong men and war lords who rule by brute force and terror. They will be both in the street mobs and the government. This CAN be prevented…..
What must you do?
- Turn to God. Remember the moral basis of your life. When all else fails, live by the golden rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”; “Love your neighbor as you would love yourself”. If you don’t want to embrace God, remember that we are unique individuals imbued with natural rights of liberty and individual dignity merely by being born. As Jefferson said we are entitled to our individual rights guaranteed to us by “Nature and Nature’s God”.
- Reject violence except in self-defense. For those in the “occupy movement” who have doubts about the tactics get out now. Do not tolerate calls by those you thought you knew to engage in violence to “prevent more violence”. Do not accept the slippery slope ethics that seeks to rationalize your violent activities as a way to achieve “justice”.
- Prepare yourself and your families. Buy and store food, water and medicines you need. Have a family communication and emergency plan. Have some cash stored now. Have items for barter. To learn more, see this show from Glenn Beck from October 13.
- Prepare your neighborhood. Learn your neighbors, encourage them to prepare. Be ready to help them with food and water if needed. Work to secure ingress to your neighborhood in a responsible way.
- Build Community. Work and trade with people you know and trust. Work to grow that community of trusted people. Engage in your church and/or community organizations. Be ready to barter and share your services and create local economies. Demand limited government so that regulations and looting through taxation do not destroy the seeds of you community’s physical and spiritual prosperity. Practice charitable acts. Build charities. Tithe to your church and ensure they spend the money on others and not themselves.
- Preserve the American Constitution. Insist your elected officials adhere to the U.S. Constitution and elect only those who will do so. I recommend Ron Paul and those who follow his philosophies of limited government, sound money and non-interventionism abroad.
- Adhere to the founding principles of our country. Natural Rights, Individual Liberty, Limited Government, Consent of the Governed, Property Rights, Free Markets, Rule of Law and Equal Justice. Learn more at www.FoundersCorner.US.
- Endure. If we endure and embrace the moral path, we will restore a greater America out of the chaos we are about to enter. You will be tempted in bad times to embrace evil. You will be tempted to take the easy way out. You must reject these temptations and endure. Always engage in moral acts yourself and demand moral action by others. A great guide for a way to determine moral acts can be found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (see the applicable paragraphs below). Even if you are not Catholic, the ethics here are designed to protect, above all else, the individual dignity of yourself and others and life. These are universal ethics built from 2000 years of theology.
- Celebrate. You are part of the rebuilding of an America that respects individuals and rejects collectivism. You have passed on a stronger country to your children and grandchildren that will endure for decades, if you teach them the lessons you learned as you rebuilt America.
THE MORALITY OF HUMAN ACTS
1749 Freedom makes man a moral subject. When he acts deliberately, man is, so to speak, the father of his acts. Human acts, that is, acts that are freely chosen in consequence of a judgment of conscience, can be morally evaluated. They are either good or evil.
– the object chosen;
– the end in view or the intention;
– the circumstances of the action.
The object, the intention, and the circumstances make up the “sources,” or constitutive elements, of the morality of human acts.
1751 The object chosen is a good toward which the will deliberately directs itself. It is the matter of a human act. The object chosen morally specifies the act of the will, insofar as reason recognizes and judges it to be or not to be in conformity with the true good. Objective norms of morality express the rational order of good and evil, attested to by conscience.
1752 In contrast to the object, the intention resides in the acting subject. Because it lies at the voluntary source of an action and determines it by its end, intention is an element essential to the moral evaluation of an action. The end is the first goal of the intention and indicates the purpose pursued in the action. The intention is a movement of the will toward the end: it is concerned with the goal of the activity. It aims at the good anticipated from the action undertaken. Intention is not limited to directing individual actions, but can guide several actions toward one and the same purpose; it can orient one’s whole life toward its ultimate end. For example, a service done with the end of helping one’s neighbor can at the same time be inspired by the love of God as the ultimate end of all our actions. One and the same action can also be inspired by several intentions, such as performing a service in order to obtain a favor or to boast about it.
1753 A good intention (for example, that of helping one’s neighbor) does not make behavior that is intrinsically disordered, such as lying and calumny, good or just. The end does not justify the means. Thus the condemnation of an innocent person cannot be justified as a legitimate means of saving the nation. On the other hand, an added bad intention (such as vainglory) makes an act evil that, in and of itself, can be good (such as almsgiving).39
1754 The circumstances, including the consequences, are secondary elements of a moral act. They contribute to increasing or diminishing the moral goodness or evil of human acts (for example, the amount of a theft). They can also diminish or increase the agent’s responsibility (such as acting out of a fear of death). Circumstances of themselves cannot change the moral quality of acts themselves; they can make neither good nor right an action that is in itself evil.
1755 A morally good act requires the goodness of the object, of the end, and of the circumstances together. An evil end corrupts the action, even if the object is good in itself (such as praying and fasting “in order to be seen by men”).
The object of the choice can by itself vitiate an act in its entirety. There are some concrete acts – such as fornication – that it is always wrong to choose, because choosing them entails a disorder of the will, that is, a moral evil.
1756 It is therefore an error to judge the morality of human acts by considering only the intention that inspires them or the circumstances (environment, social pressure, duress or emergency, etc.) which supply their context. There are acts which, in and of themselves, independently of circumstances and intentions, are always gravely illicit by reason of their object; such as blasphemy and perjury, murder and adultery. One may not do evil so that good may result from it.