Below is the text of the letter I have placed in my waiting room asking patients to consider joining me in voting for Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney will still need to be held accountable for health care reform, but he has promised to work to repeal Obamacare and its overt rationing that harms patients. He can be held accountable compared to the tens of thousands of pages of rules that Obamacare will implement – handing unacceptable medical control to bureacrats and corporations. The direct attack on Medicare by President Obama to remove over $700 billion from Medicare to pay for Obamacare should give Medicare patients pause. The Obama administration claims that money will come from “savings” in Medicare. What he really means is that it will come from imposed rationing designed to place doctors on a budget so they will ration care for patients. In the end, patients will not be able to trust thier doctor who will be withholding information on available treatments all to avoid a financial penalty or to earn a “bonus”. Sounds like “blood money” to this neurosurgeon.
(Read the series “Obamacare on the Frontlines” to learn more).
Here is one reason why I am voting for Mitt Romney.
I hope you will do the same.
- Obamacare will ration the health care you deserve.
- Rationing will occur through a panel of 15 unelected bureaucrats called the Independent Payment Advisory Board ( IPAB ) setting a budget for patients doctors cannot go over when you need it (working through tens of thousands of pages of Obamacare rules).
- Rationing will occur by greatly strengthened private and government-run HMO’s that will also place your doctors on a budget.
- Doctors that provide the best care you expect will be penalized financially and professionally.
- Doctors will be forced to report your private medical data to the government and then forced into spending valuable patient care time on social behavior counseling such as smoking, alcohol cessation and weight loss.
- Doctors will be intimidated into working for less, while spending more on complying with regulations, until they finally have to leave practice. They will be replaced by doctors that serve the government and insurance companies more than patients. Doctors you can’t trust.
- Government bureaucrats will have the power to assign you to a new doctor with a history of spending less money on their patients.
- Obamacare siphons $700 billion from Medicare through such rationing tactics – a program that is running out of money in the Medicare Trust Fund since Congress spent it on their pet projects.
- Medicare will not be changed for any patient over the age of 55 by Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan. You will still have the benefits you expect.
- Medicare will be saved for future generations by Mitt Romney by transforming it into a model that our children and grandchildren can afford and that they own – not one that is owned by the government that would ration their care and take their money from the Trust Fund.
David McKalip, M.D., Neurological Surgeon