CALL, EMAIL, TWEET NOW – Stop the $1.1 trillion Federal Omnibus Spending Bill (Heritage). (Click the “Dashboard” option). You can also register at the Freedomworks action center (enter Zipcode on Right).
See List of Florida Congressional Delegation below and US link here. (If you do one thing, contact YOUR Representative today).
48 hours. That’s how long Congressmen and women have to read and digest a highly technical 2,000 page government $1.1 trillion spending bill. That is $500 million per page with less than 2 minutes to read each page. The bill is an Obama administration dream and the biggest insult to America is that the so-called “Republican” party leaders are supporting it. The alleged defenders of small government, freedom, low regulation and individualism are participating selling Americans down the road. Speaker Paul Ryan, Republican deal makers, sell-outs and RINO’s are telling Americans to sit down and shut up – be loyal subjects to your federal overlords.
While there are a couple of bright lights in the bill, they are overwhelmed by the massive spending. They are overwhelmed by the failure of Congress to stop spending on big government programs of Obama: like Executive orders for Amnesty, his climate change agenda, EPA regulation of rain water falling on your property and more. Congress did continue to stop the bailout of the insurance companies by defunding Obamacare “risk corridors”. This and two or three other things could be accomplished with separate bills.
Here is a list cobbled from a variety of sources. Please take action today (see links above and list below).
- Bailout Greece and other Bankrupt Countries. What amounts to a bailout of the International Monetary Fund, by increasing the U.S. quota for that fund. This means the IMF will have access to even more of our taxpayer dollars to fund bailouts of irresponsible state actors such as Greece.
- $3 Billion to UN “Green Climate Fund”. Commits $500 million per year through 2020 to the UN for its Paris climate change agreement. Would transfer your hard earned tax dollars to other countries for spending on wasteful, crony corporatist “clean energy” projects.
- WOTUS (Waters of the US). Despite the EPA’s apparent violation of federal law in its promotion of WOTUS (to regulate rain fall on your land), the bill fails to block funding for the rule’s implementation;
- Green Climate Fund. The bill does not explicitly prohibit the administration from funding the Green Climate Fund, which was seen as a major priority for the left on the heels of the recent Paris agreement. The White House believes the agreement allows them to make a $500 million payment to the fund;
- Net Neutrality. This bill does not include a funding prohibition to prevent the FCC from implementing net neutrality;
- Fiduciary Rule. This bill does not include a funding prohibition to prevent the DOL from implementing new standards for investment advice for retirement accounts;
- NLRB Joint Employer. This bill does not include a funding prohibition to prevent new NLRB joint-employer standards;
- EPA Power Plant rule. The bill does not include any provisions prohibiting the President from moving forward with his federal takeover of the electricity system; and
- Pro Life Riders. Planned Parenthood funding will continue even though 151 House Republicans opposed the previous funding bill, many because it sent money to that organization. The bills also fails to include important riders sought by the pro-life movement, including the Abortion Conscience Clause and the Abortion Non-Discrimination Act.
- Spending. When Republicans controlled only the House, they got the White House and Harry Reid to impose budget caps in 2011, one of the few accomplishments of John Boehner’s speakership. In October, although having control of both chambers, John Boehner surrendered this one accomplishment. The omnibus spends at these much higher levels set in the final Obama-Boehner budget deal, which was rejected by two-thirds of House Republicans.
- Immigration. No new restrictions are placed on refugee resettlement programs, sanctuary cities, or President Obama’s lawless amnesties. On the contrary, a provision was slipped in quadrupling H-2B visas in fiscal year 2016, bringing in tens of thousands more low-skilled workers.
- Environment. In exchange for lifting the crude oil ban, environmentalists are given free rein to advance their destructive agenda. Nothing in this omnibus will stop President Obama from implementing the climate change agreement reached in Paris last week. Furthermore, the EPA can continue imposing new regulations in areas such as water and carbon emissions that will affect our daily lives in many ways.
- National Security. Our national security will be diminished. President Obama can continue to implement his dangerous deal with Iran. Women will be allowed into combat units, lowering their overall effectiveness and increasing risks to men and women in the front lines.
|Senator Bill Nelson (D- FL)||202-224-5274||202-228-2183||https://www.billnelson.senate.gov/contact-bill|
|Senator Marco Rubio (R- FL)||202-224-3041||202-228-0285||http://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email-se …|